We have very little information on Town Bands. We know from newspaper articles and indeed from the town going to the expense of building both a bandstand (early 20th century) and a band ‘shell’ (1930’s) that there has been a ‘Town Band’ at certain times, as well as other visiting bands providing entertainment.
The picture below is thought to be of a Burnham band and at first sight it appears that it could have been taken in Manor Gardens. However, in comparison with other photos this does not appear to be the old Manor Gardens bandstand, which was a wooden construction as can be seen in the coloured postcard beneath. Can anyone clarify this?
The bands playing at the Pavilion and in the band shell below could have been local or visiting bands.
We would welcome any additional information about Burnham bands.