- Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee 1897.
- Edward VII Coronation 1902
- Empire Day 1909
- George V & Queen Mary Coronation 1911
- George V Silver Jubilee 1935
- George VI & Queen Elizabeth Coronation 1937
- V.E. Day 1945
- Queen Elizabeth II Coronation 1953
- Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee 1977
- Queen Elizabeth II 90th birthday
1. QUEEN VICTORIA DIAMOND JUBILEE 1897
Coronation Arch, College St.
Procession, Alfred St (High St).
Below is a letter from the committee to Mrs Dupuis about her offer of help with the children’s party.
2. KING EDWARD VII CORONATION 1902
Despite preparations having been completed for an earlier date the celebrations had to be delayed due to the King’s Illness.
Procession on Esplanade and in Regent St
Decorations in Alfred St (High St)
Children’s Party at Lifeboat Pavilion
3. EMPIRE DAY 1909
Although not certain it is believed that this photo, dated 1909, is likely to be of the Empire Day celebration in that year.
4. GEORGE V & QUEEN MARY CORONATION 1911
Reverse of Abingdon St arch
H. Dare, prizewinner.
5. GEORGE V SILVER JUBILEE 1935
6. GEORGE VI & QUEEN ELIZABETH CORONATION 1937
Below are some Norman Gobey film clips showing the 1937 Coronation celebrations, including youngsters going to the Majestic Cinema and a celebration dinner at The Reed’s Arms Hotel.
7. V.E. DAY 8th May 1945
8. QUEEN ELIZABETH II CORONATION 1953
Coronation Arch, Victoria St
Children’s Tea at Herrings Coach Station.
9. QUEEN ELIZABETH II SILVER JUBILEE 1977
10. QUEEN ELIZABETH II’s 90th BIRTHDAY
Copy of address read by Town Crier Alastair Murray: